- 125g (1/3 cup) golden syrup
- 67g (1/3 cup) light brown sugar
- 6 tbsp coconut oil
- 75g (1/4 cup) smooth peanut butter
- 230g (2 cups + 2 tbsp) rolled oats
- Pinch salt
- Preheat oven to 150C
- In a small saucepan, melt the honey, sugar, coconut oil and peanut butter until smooth and combined.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the oats and salt, then pour in the peanut butter mixture. Stir until everything is combined. (this takes more work than other flapjack mixtures i’ve done it with
- Spoon the flapjack mixture into your baking dish and press down with the back of the spoon to level. Make sure to push the mixture to every corner of the dish for even baking.
- Bake for around 25 minutes or until golden brown.
This worked well enough, I wasn’t overwhelmed by them but then I wasn’t making them for me, the people I fed them to seemed to like them